As an appraiser, B J Naranjo-Smith has attained the highest level of education offered by the International Society of Appraisers (ISA). From the ISA website, this organization is identified as “the largest of the professional personal property appraisal associations representing the most highly trained and rigorously tested independent appraisers in the United States and Canada.” ISA was founded in 1979 and has grown to be the undisputed personal property association of choice. The organization is known as the most comprehensive in the industry and their members are highly skilled and knowledgeable of their specialities.
ISA has four levels of membership:
• Certified, the highest education level attainable
• Associate Member, a person who has taken the basic appraisal courses; plus a specialty course and the Uniform Standards of Personal Appraisal Practice (USPAP).
• Member, a person who has taken the basic courses and the USPAP course
• Candidate, Non credentialed, dues paying member of ISA. Cannot advertise connection to ISA in any way, and is not listed on ISA Search Engine.
When offered a choice, the selection of a Certified Appraiser is to select the most educated and qualified appraiser. The use of a Certified appraiser does not necessarily equal higher appraisal costs, but can result in a more accurate value, and a better end result for the user.
As an appraiser, B J Naranjo-Smith utilizes several on line appraisal sites that are not normally used by the average person. She also maintains an extensive library, for identification purposes only, but uses latest on-line sales results to establish the values.
Price guide books are found to be worthless in establishing accurate values.
Consultations and initial viewing are free of charge. A contract outlining the projected appraisal and associated costs will be signed by both parties. Rates are set and are not based on values found, but on an hourly basis.
Corporate references can be given, but appraisals are always anonymous, and are not shared with others.
• IRS Taxable Estate Fair Market Values
• Estate Equitable Distribution
• Charitable Donation
• Insurance Acquisition & Moving
• Damage Appraisal
• FYI Appraisal